Spark Joy in your life - a book review

"The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: a magical story" by Marie Kondo and illustrated by Yuko Uramoto

Visually this book brings a sense of calm and a simplistic joy to look at. It's simple without much distraction and it leads you into showing how you'll experience a non-distracted, simpler life when you put the methods KonMari goes over in her tale.

The back cover entertains you with the mess the main character Chiaki is currently living with before she hires KonMari to help her tidy up.

Flipping through pages you find a refreshing art style that doesn't drown your visuals in ink.

I've heard of Marie Kondo's "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" before and immediately realized it was a manga-tized version when I realized it was going over the same method I heard once before.

"It's not the things I'm discarding, but the things I'm keeping that are in this room. I had been so focused on finding junk that I had completely overlooked what really mattered: the things I was keeping" on page 163 was a flashback to KonMari's childhood and when she realized her system. Without spoiling her entire methodology this is a good way to describe what it's all about.

I grew up with hoarder tendencies where if it wasn't absolutely trash I can find time later on to fix it, read it, use it, etc so long as I kept it around. Growing up I realized that there were a lot of clothes that I wasn't wearing so it made sense to donate them. Growing up and looking towards the future I could tell that the American standard of hoarding was hurting our lifestyles and a method of tidying up like KonMari describes makes so much sense.

Keep what you find joy in and don't hold on to things that are keeping you in the past.

I'll be putting these lessons to use in my home and at my office space and I hope to find a clearer, uncluttered outcome on the other end.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends, in number- response

Arguments vs. Discourse response

The sky is yours: book review