Noticing Driver's Behaviors ~ Response

When going just about anywhere, it's easy to observe different kinds of drivers. Depending on where they're from and how they are, you do notice different things. Still, some things don't get planted into your head because you take it as normal.

It's understandable that if you live in an area where people in general, aren't rushed, that if the people do drive, they won't feel rushed and might actually go slower. As well as in the city life, where everyone's moving around fast, everyone's annoyed when they cannot leave quickly and usually rush to get to different places.

As well, most new drivers will go either too fast or too slow, because they aren't used to the car. When they go too slow, it's obvious that they aren't comfortable with driving yet and if they go too fast, they're testing the limits and the thrill of being on the road. Everyone's different, however, and it always takes different times before new drivers will understand speeds.

Not only does your experience and environment change how you'll act, but the people the drivers communicate with as well. From that, you might happen to see the driver paying partial attention to something going on in their vehicle. But, the interactions with others lead to problems, as to why a law is to use hands-free devices. Many people talk on the phone and even a few people might text while driving (which honestly is a terrible thing to be doing).

Sometimes you can see drivers doing weird things. Occasionally I've seen a driver dancing to music they're playing in the car. Sometimes drivers will smoke and let their ashes go onto the side of the road. A few times I've seen women doing make-up at stop lights and occasionally you might see someone trying to show off, (using their legs on the wheel, sticking an arm out the window, just about anything).

A few times you might even see someone doing something that must take most of their attention off the road. Some people might doodle something down quickly and once when I was younger I saw someone changing their pants while they were driving!

It's an amazing sight to behold when you witness odd things people do when they drive.

I attempt to be as good as a driver as I can be. I try to learn from the mistakes of others, if I thought it was too funny or stupid to be doing something in a car, then I won't try to do the same mistake.

I want to be a driver that someone hopping in with me won't feel like they're in danger, and I'll know they should not feel that way.

I haven't been in an accident, but I've heard that once you get in an accident, that you'll become more aware of what's going on, because you don't want to get in another one. Of course, there are times I might have barely passed on without getting into an accident.

I do not feel comfortable going on the parkway because my comfortable speed is 40mph, and the parkway speed is at least twenty miles per hour faster than what I'm comfortable with. Because of that, some people might almost hit into me because they don't know what I'm doing. Sometimes people think I'm letting them pass because I'm slowing down, and then I nearly have to slam on my breaks because I wasn't planning on that happening.

I almost hit into someone once or twice. The first time, I was going along the road and saw a public bus was letting off, so I started going slower before a man decided I was stopping and ran across my path. I slammed on my breaks and heard as he smacked his hand into the front of my car as he rushed off. Another time I was in a parking lot and I started going across a cross-walk when a man began starting to walk in front of me. I stopped right in the middle of the cross-walk and he walked on like nothing was wrong.

I try really hard though to be the best driver I can be, so hopefully I will become the best driver I know I can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends, in number- response

Arguments vs. Discourse response

The sky is yours: book review